Vivace comprises tenor/bass singers in grades 10, 11 and 12. It is one of six curricular choirs and six co-curricular choirs in a choral program of over 400 students. The three-trimester course emphasizes the enjoyment of singing, exposure to the many styles of choral music and development of the interpersonal and musical skills necessary for excellent choral performance, including sight-singing and vocal independence. Vivace performs as a full ensemble in concerts and festivals throughout the school year; in addition, many singers also participate in co-curricular choirs, vocal solo and ensemble contest, and musical theater productions.
Recent Highlights: In November 2015, the RHS Men’s Chorale (the former name of this ensemble) performed at the ACDA-MN Fall Conference with the Men’s Chorale of St. Cloud State University in a special concert event, Rise Up! 795 Brothers In Song…A Male Chorus Extravaganza!
- Men's Chorale Class Syllabus (.pdf)
- RHS Choir Handbook (.pdf)
- 2015-16 Choir Activities Schedule (.pdf)
- Lettering Policy/Point Tally Sheet (.pdf) (*currently under revision; updated version will be posted in early October)
- Student-Parent Signature Page (.pdf) - SIGN and RETURN by Friday, September 23